Friday, February 5, 2010

Meet The Newest Member of Our Team

Hi everyone! My name is Jackie and I’m the newest intern at Prescott Pines Camp. I’m a student at Arizona State University studying recreation, tourism, nonprofit, and special events management. Although I’m a student I’m in my final semester which requires an internship so I chose to spend that time at Prescott Pines. My goal in life is to eventually become a Christian Camp Director so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get started before I graduate. I’ve worked with camps before but never like this.

When I started I was so stressed about messing things up. I was not only the newest person on the staff, but I had also never worked for Prescott Pines before. However, what I’ve found during my time so far is that the camp office is such a relaxed atmosphere and so encouraging that it’s really easy to get done what needs to be done. I’ve only been here for a few weeks but I’ve already learned so much about the camp and the people that work here. I’d say it was the perfect fit for what I need. I’m really glad to be able to help the camp in the coming weeks and excited to see what else I will learn from this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment